Saturday, July 30, 2011

Meowahan's Case Files: The Creepy Death of Katherine Korzilius





Today has started out a little rough; got a little too involved with the catnip last night, and woke up this morning with a pounding headache and a mouthful of fur that tasted like Scratchaway. I don’t remember a thing, and I’m sure she’ll deny seeing me. I haven’t felt this bad since my days on the road with Bon Jovi. I acted as security for those long-haired punks during the 90’s. 

Helped that I was suspended every time Bon Jovi seemed to hit the road, and the money was good, as was the nip. I didn’t really care for their music, but there was one song I liked; August 7, 4:15.

For those who don’t know, that song was about a 6 year old kid named Katherine Korzilius, a gifted little thing that could wail on the piano. Her dad, Paul, was the road manager for Bon Jovi, and they seemed like a real nice little family.

Tragic Kitteh: Katherine Korzilius


In April of 96, Katherine was out shopping for a birthday gift for her dad, and on the way home with her mom, Nancy, they stopped off at the community mail boxes, a task that little Katherine loved to perform. After picking up the mail, she asked her mom for permission to walk home and, given that she had done so before, Nancy agreed.

The Korzilius home was located in the center of Elder Circle, and the house could be reached by travelling in either direction on the main road. Nancy went one way, Katherine the other. 



When she didn’t make it home, her brother Brian went to look for her with no luck, and eventually she was found on another lot, alive, but only just. 

She soon succumbed to her injuries and authorities initially believed that she may have been dragged by the family car. An autopsy ruled out that idea, and it’s now believed she may have been abducted and thrown from a vehicle.

The thought of that makes me feel even sicker than I do already. I don’t understand what sort of punk could willfully hurt a kid. Katherine had a happy life taken away from her for a reason we may never find out, but at least her memory will live on through that song.

Signed,
Det. Meowahan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...